CORNISH-L Archives

Archiver > CORNISH > 2009-02 > 1234170933

From: Nick Serpell <>
Subject: Re: [CORNISH] Back up your files!
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2009 09:15:33 +0000

I can throughly reccommend Carbonite as a back up medium.
http://www.carbonite.com/

It automatically backs up your files onto a remote server without you
having to think about doing it and there is no limit to the amount of
material you can back up. Costs US$49.95 per annum.The whole process
is automatic once you have set up the parameters. You can set it to
back up as you work or time it to back up every night. You do need
broadband though.

I also use a 2gb memory stick on which I do a daily back up of my
family history files. Only takes a couple of minutes and you have a
completely portable medium

Nick Serpell

The Serpell One Name Study
Researching Serpells across the world
Member: Cornwall Family History Society, The Society of Genealogists, The
Guild of One Name Studies

www.serpell.org

This thread: