CORNISH-L Archives

Archiver > CORNISH > 2009-12 > 1259887383

From: "Jennie Towan" <>
Subject: Re: [CORNISH] Gobbledick/Cobbledick?
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2009 11:43:03 +1100

I agree - still reading the Poldark saga (up to Book #9 The Millers Dance)
and the name Cobbledick features. Lurrvvve the Poldark books, bought the TV
series too, but not so struck (as usual) on it - the books are much better.

Your surname caught my eye Ray - I met a Mr R J Worden, Farmer, Anhay Farm,
Gunwalloe in 2006. Googling the name, lots of interesting references - some
gypsy mentions too, makes for interesting reading!! I have always been
fascinated by the gypsy way of life, just read a very interesting website
devoted to the Gypsies, Romas and Travellers of Britain.

Cheers, Jen

>I think in all probability the gentleman's name should be COBBLEDICK.
>Plenty of them still around in Cornwall.
> Regards,
> Ray Worden in Delabole

This thread: