CORNISH-L Archives

Archiver > CORNISH > 2010-02 > 1266429826

From: "Mary Hester" <>
Subject: Re: [CORNISH] jammy maw
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 18:03:46 -0000

Hi Kitty

The nearest I could find is : Jammy - enjoying extreme good fortune and
Maw - Ma or Mother. These were both Yorkshire dialects, although I think
Jammy is used the World over. It would be interesting to see the original
sentence and the origin of the document as they might give a clue.
Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.