CORNISH-L Archives

Archiver > CORNISH > 2010-06 > 1275497748

From: "Florian Barker" <>
Subject: Re: [CORNISH] My interests
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2010 17:55:48 +0100

Now, this is an interesting item! I have come across this entry but I have
no idea who Joseph is. As I said in my original posting, all the 19th
century Grieve entries seem to be "my" family and this is the only record I
find for this man. Spelling his name GRIEVES or GREIVES isn't a clue in any
direction as I come across several different spellings for this family. Is
he perhaps a Scottish seafarer marrying a Cornish girl? None of the Josephs
I otherwise have is in the right time frame, so we'll just have to keep on
looking.
Thanks all the same!
Florian