CORNISH-L Archives

Archiver > CORNISH > 2010-12 > 1293413339

From: "Pat Banks" <>
Subject: Re: [CORNISH] Virtual Christmas Party 2010 & Shire Horses
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2010 09:28:59 +0800

Hullo Albert

I'd love to have copies of the shire horse photos, please. We mainly have
the other type here, (Clydesdales, but not nearly so big or so 'ansom). A
few years ago, a local entrepreneur temporarily bought the local brewery and
imported a team of shires to pull the wagon loaded with beer barrels. They
were an awesome sight in Parades and at the Royal Show. They were
eventually retired to a farm down south and, a few years later, the lady who
had helped raise them in England, came out for a visit. As soon as she
entered the paddock they turned and ran towards her as if they remembered
her! Brought tears to the eyes!!

Thanks Albert me 'amsom