CORNISH-L Archives

Archiver > CORNISH > 2011-07 > 1311345536

From: "Viv Martin" <>
Subject: Re: [CORNISH] Cornish material rescue
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2011 00:38:56 +1000

Hi Lainie
Doubt very that the LDS would be interested in this material as they
probably have much of it in some other form. Converting scanned documents
through OCR to searchable form can be very labour intensive.
One other depository (I will not name) has material that was originally sent
by my father and they want the (original) replies that I now hold. I have
scanned some of these and don't mind surrendering the originals when I have
done them all BUT it is a two-way street! They do not want scanned copies
but I don't mind having this form of what they hold; they have not indicated
that it will ever be released in my lifetime.
The research material from the other two Estates is not necessarily unique
but peculiar to those two folks interests.
I have also scanned to PDF and OCR'd (reasonably successfully) the last 32
years of F.H.S. Martin quarterly Journals for Australia & New Zealand. The
recent years was in digital form and will be 100% searchable. The Committee
has decided that this is to be given free to current financial members with
their October issue. I have optimized it and it all fits on a CD plus a
collection of other material.
Cheers
Viv
.