CORSON-L Archives

Archiver > CORSON > 2002-09 > 1031539534

From: Glenn Bingham <>
Subject: Ewings Neck Corsons
Date: Sun, 08 Sep 2002 22:45:34 -0400

The following is forwarded with permission from Myrna Deasy,
a double Maurice River Township Corson:

Glenn,

I have been in contact with the NJ State Archives. I was
asking for information about Joshua Corson, Sr. They
sent me an inventory of the estate of Joshua Corson,
Cumberland County, 1824. George Corson was administrator.
Jeremiah
Weldon and Jeremiah Bingmen were appraisers.

***This Jeremiah "Bingman" is my 3rd-great-grandpop, son of
Peter of Ewings Neck.--GJB

The inventory listed
Wearing apparel $ 2.50
Live Stock 29.75
Household goods and farming utensils 52.26
$
84.51

Joshua Corson died without a will. The archivists suggested
I contact the Cumberland County Surrogate's Office to see
if they have any records for Joshua Corson. They said there
may have been a division of his estate which would list
heirs. They also
said deeds may state where and when he received the property
(hopefully through inheritance). I haven't contacted the
Cumberland
County Surrogate's office yet. Do you think this could be my
Joshua Corson, Sr.?

***Yes, that seems to be the current wisdom.--GJB

They did send me a will for Joshua Corson 1886. This Joshua
lived in Leesburg. His wife's name was Sarah Ann
Corson. They had three children, Charles, William and Sadie
Erickson. Witnesses were Benjamin F. McKeag, John W. Sharp
and
Samuel Steinmetz.

***This is apparently Joshua, III.--GJB

Myrna Deasy