COUCH-L Archives

Archiver > COUCH > 2002-07 > 1027959504

From: "Couch, Robert H. " <>
Subject: Re: [COUCH] COUCH, GEORGE, ADAIR, MILAM, McSPADDEN
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 11:20:44 -0600

Alfred,

I also have John Mitchell Couch (b SC 1800) the husband of Mary "Polly"
George b TN or SC June 22, 1804. d Italy Texas June 30, 1882. John Mitchell
was b in Greenville, SC to Thomas Couch and Elvey Lynch. John M. Couch and
his son Ezkiel Couch purchased land in Marion/Fsyette County in January
1839.
Then John M. Couch went to Chickasaw with brother William Lynch Couch.
John's youngest child was b in Chickasaw Co, MS in 1846. John later moved
with his family to Texas. He was in Grimes Co, TX in 1846 and in the Grimes
Co, TX census of 1850 and he died in 1863 in Ogden, Utah where he is buried.

I have seen the death of Thomas Couch listed as 1853 but I do not know where
he was when he died. Perhaps he moved to Mississipi with his two boys. He
seems to have been in Lawrence Co, AL in 1851 when his son Malachi died. I
have 11 children for John M. Couch by two wives.

I would love to have some better documentation of Thomas Couch and Elvie
Lynch and their ancestors.
Was his father John Couch Sr who was in SC and Madison County? Was Thomas
grandson of Ole Thomas and Mary Couch of Enoree, SC? Any help or
suggestions that would help me prove this hypothesis would be greatly
appreciated.

Bob Couch
----------
>From: "Alfred Fatica" <>
>Subject: [COUCH] COUCH, GEORGE, ADAIR, MILAM, McSPADDEN
>Date: Sun, Sep 23, 2001, 10:16 AM
>

>I have been stuck on the parents of John COUCH (born 19 Dec 1800, died
>1863, married Mary "Polly" GEORGE) for quite awhile. The only suggestions
>I had were that his parents were Thomas COUCH (died 1853) and Elva ______.
>Now, after the correspondence on Malachi's ancestors in S.C., I think that
>this line fits in with his. According to my line, Thomas and Elva had John
>COUCH (see above). John COUCH married Mary "Polly" GEORGE (died 1884).
>Their son, Samuel Mitchell COUCH (born 1 Jan 1831, died 25 Sep 1877)
>married Nancy Ellen ADAIR (born 18 Oct 1838, died 1 Nov 1873). Their
>daughter, Sarah Ellen COUCH (born 17 Oct 1863, died 1 Jan 1933) married
>William Guinn MILAM (born 12 March 1860, died 18 Feb 1934). They had nine
>children and one adopted son. My grandfather, William Walker MILAM was
>their seventh child (born 28 July 1896, died 20 Oct 1967) and married Maude
>Irene McSPADDEN. They had two children, both males, one of whom is still living.

>Visit Ancestry.com for a FREE 14-Day Trial and enjoy access to the #1
>Source for Family History Online. Go to:
>http://www.ancestry.com/subscribe/subscribetrial1y.asp?sourcecode=F11HB

This thread: