COUCH-L Archives

Archiver > COUCH > 2002-07 > 1027973153

Subject: Re: [COUCH] COUCH, GEORGE, ADAIR, MILAM, McSPADDEN
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 16:11:33 EDT

Bob: Glad to hear from a Couch researcher. I was about to think that list
had
closed down.

The Couches in Ala are of interest to me since I am researching Jane Courch
who
married Rowland Blankenship in Knox County, Tn in 1815. They moved to
Madison
County, Al (where I llive) about 1818 and lived here until about 1828 when
they
moved to White County, Tn and lived there until thjey died.
Census records show Jane born in NC with one exception and that one showed
SC.I have wondered if perhaps she was born in SC and moved to NC very early.
In Knox County there was a Jonathan Couch and a Joseph Couch living there at
the time she was and Johnathan was on her marriage bond.
If any of these facts mean anything to you, let me know. I think we have
corresponded before so if some of this is a repeat, sorry. Better to have it
twice
than not at all. Nolene Blankenship

If anyone else on the list has anything to contribute to this family, would
appreciate
hearing from you.

This thread: