COUCH-L Archives

Archiver > COUCH > 2002-07 > 1028003899

Subject: Re: [COUCH] American Indian Couch family
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 21:44:09 -0700

Which confuses things (for me) even further, as that could well be a name of
Frensh origin, whereas I've been told that COUCH is Cornish in origin (this
from a Cornishman so I'm taking his word for it :0)

As with a name connected to my COUCHs, GOSLEN/GOSLIN, I recently discovered
that it may have originally been GOSSELIN.

Has anyone run across unexpected French lines in their search?

Incidentally, I have several connected names (Adair, Mitchell, etc) but they're
on my paternal side, whereas COUCH is maternal. I'd be interested to know what
other names people have connected to their Native American COUCHs.

Thx

KJSB

Quoting WindWalker <>:
: another varition is Couche