COX-L Archives

Archiver > COX > 2006-06 > 1150212947

From: "Fran Martin" <>
Subject: William F. Cox
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 10:35:47 -0500

Hello Cox List,

I am trying to make this connection with Asa Cox and Mariah Roundtree Cox as
the parents.

I would love to exchange information with anyone who knows about this
Trinity County, Texas connection of the William F. Cox who lived in
Mississippi during the time of Asa Cox's will, also lived in AK and finally
settled with his family in Trinity County, TX
I am extremely interested in information on other family members. I know
Nancy Ann Cox's family moved to Texarkana and
many stayed in the Trinity County, Houston County, area. My connection was
Mary Jane Cox, daughter Frances (Fannie) Thomas or Thames, then
Louella Lowery, Frances Cleo Wood then me

Beware! I have lots of questions, ha!

Attached is the cemetery list for the gravesites in Pennington, TX showing
the names and dates of births and deaths.

http://www.rootsweb.com/~txtrinit/cemetery/peniton1.htm<http://www.rootsweb.com/%7Etxtrinit/cemetery/peniton1.htm>;

I also have the 1860 census for Pennington, TX
William Cox, age 55 born GA (farmer)
Nancy Cox, age 48 born GA
Martha, age 17 born ALa
Nannie F., age 15 bornAla
Georgia A. age 12 born Ala
William, age 11 born Mississippi
N.A. (Nancy Ann?) age 9 born Mississippi
Emily, age 7 born in Mississippi
Ella, age 3 born in Mississippi
N.A. Clifton, (m) age 31 ( A.P.T ) born in Tenn (unknown person to me)

*William F. Cox, Born January 29, 1808 Died June 21, 1891
*Nancy Ann Baker Cox, Born June 15, 1814 in GA, Died June 30, 1890
Married November 21, 1839 in Tallapoosa County, AL
Children:
Martha
Frances (may be Nannie F. on the census)
William (only son died 1868)
Nancy Ann
Georgia

Emily and Ella unknown before

*Pennington City Cemetery, Pennington, TX

William F. Cox was first married to Elizabeth Nevia
RE: Cox, William - Nevia, Elizabeth 27 Aug 1829 (
http://ftp.rootsweb.com/pub/usgenweb/ga/jones/vitals/marriages/1811.txt)

Children of William F. Cox and Elizabeth Nevia Cox:

Sarah E. Cox 1834
Mary Jane Cox 1836 (this is my connection)
Angelina Cox 1838

Thank you!
Fran Martin

This thread: