CRAIG-L Archives

Archiver > CRAIG > 2000-03 > 0953009338

From: "Penny Wilson" <>
Subject: Re: [CRAIG-L] Craig Connections to the Albemarle Co., VA Declaration Of Independence
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 22:48:58 -0600

I have been at a loss as to my Craig's. My Thomas Craig b. abt. 1760-70 in
MD was in Stewart County TN in 1803. Also Ellender Craig(possibly a sister)
b. abt. 1778 in MD & d. July 1868 in Henry Co. TN. She married a James
Poyner b. abt. 1774 NC d. abt. 1848on White Oak Creek in Humphreys Co TN.
James & Ellender were married and had one daughter, Elizabeth, when they
came to TN. There was also a William Craig who married a Jain McCannon in
Stewart County 12-18-1804. All these folks lived in Stewart Co., Humphreys
Co., Benton Co., TN during the 1800's and possibly some of them and their
children moved into other surrounding states. One set of the Humphreys
County TN Craig's came to Humphreys Co. TN around 1809-10 and left for
Alabama the fall of 1820: James Craig, John Craig and two left for Alabama
abt. 1817: Robert & Thomas Craig. I have some info but not enough to tie my
Craig's completely together but I did manage to eliminate this family on
info received.
In Benton Co. TN Census is Thomas Craig b. abt. 1806 TN married to Sarah
Allen (2nd wife) (1st wife unknown, possibly a Cottingham?) He had two girls
by his 1st unknown wife: Martha and M. Elizabeth and two girls by 2nd wife,
Sarah Allen: Charlotte and Angeline. There was also a Susan Craige age 21
living in his house. M. Elizabeth married Thomas A. Watson in 1863. Their
son Thomas Jefferson Watson is my Grandfather. Does any of this tie in with
any information you might have or anyone else on the Craig List? Any help
would be wonderful.

Best regards,
Penny Wilson