CRAIG-L Archives

Archiver > CRAIG > 2000-04 > 0956620866

From: "Penny Wilson" <>
Subject: Re: [CRAIG-L] Blount and Maury Counties----James Craig II related to Thomas Craig????
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2000 19:01:06 -0500

Dear Peggy,
I am looking for Thomas Craig who was on the 1850 Benton County TN census.
This is as far back as I have gotten with absolute proof that he is my grgr
grandfather. On the 1840 Carroll County census there was the widow of James
Craig II, Ann (Alexander) Craig and also a Thomas Craig. All I have seen is
just an index to this 1840 Carroll County TN census so I know none of the
statistics on it. When I couldn't find any more leads on my Thomas Craig b.
abt. 1806 TN then I started a process of elimination or either adding to. I
have been researching Stewart County TN, Humphreys County TN, Carroll County
TN and Benton County TN. with the Craig families that lived there. Do you
happen to know who the Thomas Craig on the 1840 Carroll County TN census
was? Could you also tell me who the other James Craig II children are that
you don't have accesss to on the computer you are using? Do you have any
Craig's with the first names of Charles Freeman born abt. 1814, Asa b. abt
1818, or an Eli Craig b. abt. 1812? This Asa Craig married a Matilda G. Lea
on Dec. 16, 1838 Carroll County TN. Charles Freeman Craig married Susan
Frances Presson on Dec. 13, 1849 in Benton County TN. Asa, Charles Freeman,
and Eli were on the 1850 Benton County TN census along with my Thomas Craig.
Any information that you might share would be appreciated. Thank you...
Best regards,
Penny Wilson