CREASON-L Archives

Archiver > CREASON > 2001-11 > 1006630056

From: (MARILYN CREASON)
Subject: [CREASON] Re: CREASON-D Digest V01 #38
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2001 13:27:36 -0600 (CST)

--WebTV-Mail-7538-427

In answer to your question last night and today received from the List,
yes I do know another Norman Creason, other than my brother Norman Lee
Creason who was named after NORMAN WILSON CREASON.

'Uncle' Norman Wilson Creason: Youngest boy
of Charlie Lee and Jennie Booker Harris Creason. Born in
Mayfield,Ky..Born about 1916 in Graves Co.Ky....

d. L.A county, California.Abt.1997

Norman Wilson Creason's first wife was named Mary. Norman was very
handsome ( have a picture of him) He was known to have a very bad
temper ,abusive to his first wife Mary who died in a mental
institution.( as told to me by my Uncle William Jefferson Creason..1982
& by my brother Norman Le Roy Creason in Chloride,Arizona on Oct
8,2001),this past month.

HIS brother's were: William Jefferson Creason: B. Aug 16,1904 Graves Co
Ky D.Abt.1984 in Roseburg,Oregon, at the Roseburg,Oreg.Nursing Home, of
Cancer. Wm Jefferson, was known as both "BUSTER"...AND "SHORTIE
CREASON" He lived in " Myrtle Creek,Oregon" and worked at the Merit
Clothing Company for many years...Second wife's name Pearl..Creason.

William Jefferson "Buster" stated in 1982 that " All of the Creason boys
of his line, had a fine tuned sense of humor and mischievious
personalities. Also, that several suffered from Debilitating
Depressions...and a few were Alcoholic's

Le roy Shelby Creason B. Nov 1,1909 D.Nov 25,1957 in Sac. Ca.He is
buried at 2500 Riverside Rd, Sac.Ca . in the Maconic Lawn
Cemetery,Section 16. which lies just below the "HIGGINS" monument.
Jennie Booker Harris Creason: the mother of these children died of
T.B. in 1920 at the age of only 40(forty) years. A second wife by the
name of LINNIE HIGGINS CREASON, raised all the children of Jennie
Creason and was the mother of Miles Lewis Creason, B. 1925 in Graves Co
, Ky..D. 1998..buried near Mayfield,Ky.

LINNIE HIGGINS CREASON: Well beloved of all the Creason children died
in Palm Springs, Ca. in 1966 and is buried there. She had snow white
hair and was very very pretty..she died in her 80's.

LINNIE HIGGINS CREASON: was taken to California by NORMAN WILSON
CREASON, following Charlie Lee Creason's death in Sept 14,1935 of heart
disease. "Angina" is written on the death cert. that I have.

Our step-grandmother had a daughter by the name also of Linnie Creason
whom my grandfather adopted that was born in 1909 ,same year as my
father Le Roy. She too is buried in Ca.

LeRoy along with Norman Wilson, worked for a time at the Merit Clothing
Company, as a "Cutter" of Fine Men's Suits. Norman did not find the
work agreeable and moved back to L.A. area, soon followed by LeRoy
Creason, who became a part-time Flag Pole Painter

The only girl of the family was Ruthie Creason,b. abt.1900. Ruthie
Creason married Robert Cherry...who was the founder of F.T.D. florist.

Their only son, Robert Cherry Jr., had greenhouses in Paduch,Ky. that I
personally have visited, and, worked along side his mother Ruthie after
Robert Sr.'s death. Ruth re-married a MacKenzie,(uncertain of correct
spelling) Have not found my Aunt Ruthie's grave as of this date.

Robert Cherry son of Ruthie was the past Mayor of Paduach,ky four
seperate terms. He lived in a large and wonderful home that held the
original staircase of the original Fed. Bldg. in Paducah.

I have heard the name "Anderson Creason."mentioned in regards to Norman
Wilson Creason, but cannot remember the connection.

I have the Obituary for Charlie Lee Creason.,he worked 18 years in a
clothing factory owned by Releigh Creason. Maker of fine men's suits:
In the Obituary is mentioned two brother's who attended his
furneral..Listed as Sam, and, James..Mrs. Ruthe Cherry,(daughter) also a
Mrs. Louise Killian(who may be Buster Creason's first wife.) Wilson
Creason,LeRoy,& Bubba(nickname for Miles Lewis Creason) and of course
Mrs. Linnie Creason. ( I have been told Sam was a fine lawyer??)

I personally met "Bubba Creason" Miles Lewis in 1978 in a town just
south of Mayfield,Ky. At that time he was considering retirement from a
business described as "Flea-Market's".

He has two living sons. Roger Creason of Mayfield,Ky and a son living
currently in North Carolina(as told to me by a personal friend of Miles
Lewis Creason,in 2000 .via E-Mail.

Miles Lewis Creason, I am told was a man of high character and well
loved by the community.He had cold Black hair and black horn rimmed
glasses on, the day I met him, in 1978.

Father of Charlie Lee Creason:

Milas James Creason and Agnes Keith,son of
Milas Bollie Creason and Nancy Marion Lyles.m. Aug 2, 1849 Marshall
Co.Ky son of Michael & Barbara Parkes(Parks), son of Samuel and Sophie
Brown Creason, son of Nicholas Cresson.(Croesen) Netherlands to France.

The follow is a list of early Kentucky Marriages mailed to me by James
Liles,Lyles

James also stated that there are two seperate Liles/Lyles Cemeteries. in
Kentucky which he personally has visited.

MADISON COUNTY KY:

May 7, 1798 J/S Moody to Judy Creason-signed Joseph Moody and James
Creason

March 22, 1808 John Creason to Rachel Moody.

MONTGOMERY CO. KY:

Feb 17, 1824 Lucinda M. Creason to David Thompson
Nov 2, 1830 Goodwin Creason to Sarah Ann Thompson

ADAIR COUNTY, .KY

Oct.13,1807: JAMES CREASON,JR. TO POLLY PATTERSON

Sept 4,1811: NANCY CREASON to ABNER JOHNSON

GRAVES COUNTY KENTUCKY:

Nov 10,1858 B.A. Creason to Francis Smith
Dec. 1859 ELI CREASON....to ...MARTHA GIBSON

Oct.30, 1858 H.J.Creason to N.A. Hawley

MARSHALL COUNTY KENTUCKY;

MARRIAGES:

Dec 22, 1858 Nancy Creason v. Marshall co. to RAWLEIGH H. SUTHERLAND

Nov.10 1858 Barbary Creson 19, v. Graves Co.
Franklin M. Smith of Marshall Co.

Mar.27,1862 Mary E. Creason to Zackariah E.M. Smith.

Dec.23,1858 Nancy L. Creason and ROLLY H. SUTHERLAND at the home of
HENRY CREASON/ PRESENT...ELI CREASON

AUG 2,1849:MILAS B. CREASON TO NANCY M. LILES

AUG 15,1872..JAMES A. CREASON to LAURA V.MCNUTT

OCT 12;1898 EMMA CREASON TO JIM HARRIS,(eloped to Paris, Tenn.)

MARSHALL COUNTY BIRTHS;

2 MAR, 1852 HENRY MARTIN CREESON ...TO MILES CREASON AND NANCY LILES

16 APRIL: 1853 MILES CREASON TO HENRY CREASON AND ELIZ. SMITH

8 OCT. 1854 Martha Simmons to T.A.Simmons and Sarah Creason

2 March 1854 Female Creasonto Miles B.Creason and Nancy Liles

7 July,1855 Wm L. Creason to M.B. Creason and Nancy Liles

16 oct 1855 ROLLY H. CREASON TO H . CREASON AND ELIZABETH SMITH AND
ELIZ. SMITH

15 MARCH; 1858 Nancy C.Thompsonto Alex Thompson and Mary Creson

13 Jan. 1856 B.A. Thompson and M.C.Creason

23 April: 1861 David G. Creason to D.A.Creason and SARAH EZELL

MARSHALL CO CEMETERY;
976.991 V3L VOL 1 ELVIRA...LEWIS

STROW CEMETERY BENTON CO

ELI CREASON..14 MAR.1908-9 sept. 1964 WWII

Velma Creason...1914

SAM CREASON: 8 Feb 1902-24 March 1915

SAM CREASON 1869-1950

JENNIE O. CREASON; 1872 -1945

BENTON CEMETERY

ARCHIE L. CREASON 1885 -1959
HERMAN ("KITTY") CREASON 1899-1960
REBA (DINK) 1901

ROBERT MICHAEL CREASON 1951 -1952

JACK THOMAS CREASON JR. 1950-1952

ROLLIE H. CREASON 11 SEPT. 1893-14-MAY 1949 WWII

CENSUS YEARS CREASON,IN KY

1800 JAMES MADISON kY kYO1344620

1840; HENRY AND MICHAEL CREASON

1850 CREASON M. GRAVES KY 400 DISTRICT2
1850 CREASON MICHAEL GRAVES KY6 400 DISTRICT 2

1860

B. CREASON MARSHALL,BENTON
G.A. GRAVES CO KY.235 MAYFIELD,KY
H. MARSHALL KY 756 BARKSDALE
L.K. GRAVES KY 235 MAYFIELD KY
M.B. CREASON MARSHALL KY 780 WARSBORO

W. MARSHALL KY 757 BARKSDALE

1870 CENSUS;

ELY BREWERS MILL.P.O
HENRY BREWERS MILL P.O
JAMES A BREWERS MILL P.O.
LEONARD PRYORS PCT. KY 238
MARGARET HICKMAN KY 413 COLUMBUS PCT.

MILUS B. MARSHALL KY 173 BREWERS MILL P.O

WILLIAM MARSHALL KY 184 BREWERS MILL P.O.

NOTE;

I have copied this as exactly as I can, I too note the name spelling
changes etc. but, this is how I received it. Hope it helps someone, if
so let me know please.

Marilyn Marie Creason...Nov 25,2001

WILLIAM JEFFERSON CREASON:
Social Security Number: 402-09-8446

Charlie Lee Creason B 1872.married Jennie Harris : Massac
Co.Ill...near Paduca 1898

See Illinois: Early marriage Index for two other Creason's listed.

--WebTV-Mail-7538-427