CREED-L Archives

Archiver > CREED > 2007-01 > 1169323443

From: <>
Subject: Re: [CREED] DNA
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2007 15:04:03 -0500

Perry - I would agree that this is correct - but I would like to see us get a handle on a lower limit to constitute a match first - otherwise we are going to scare off potential participants.

Otherwise it will appear that we are turning up many mysteries, many false paternities etc. and i believe, and base this belief on some study of the Ysearch participants, that there are a great number of lineages descending from some false paternal event - participating in these databases such as Ysearch and Familytree dna

If we say that we will not consider a probable match until at least there is a 100% match at 25 markers - then things start to settle down. ----and keep the lower matches out of the news.

Richard Smyrl Creed