CRF-L ArchivesArchiver > CRF > 2000-09 > 0968242099
From: "Charlene Robbins" <>
Subject: Re: [CRF] Fw: Old as Dirt
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2000 07:08:19 EST
How many do you remember? Start counting:
01. Candy cigarettes - yep and also bubble gum ones
02. Wax coke-shaped bottles with colored sugar water inside. - Liked the
red ones best.
03. Soda pop machines that dispensed bottles. Yep
04. Coffee shops with tableside juke boxes - Yep
05. Blackjack chewing gum - yep
06. Home milk delivery in glass bottles, with Cardboard stoppers. -
Remember delivery, but not cardboard stoppers.
07. Party lines. - yep
08. Newsreels before the movie. - nope
09. P. F. Flyers - yep
10. Butch wax - nope
11. Telephone numbers with a word prefix ... (DRExel-5505) - yep
12. Peashooters. - nope
13. Howdy Doody - don't remember watching him, but watched Superman on
Saturday mornings with George Reeves as Superman.
14. 45 RPM Records - still have some - used to have older ones (big 78 rpm)
records we'd play on Mom's crank record player
15. S&H Green Stamps - yep - use to be a store in Columbus you could cash
them in for merchandise at.
16. Hi-fi's - yep
17. Metal ice cube trays, with levers = yep
18. Mimeograph paper - yep
19. Blue flash Bulbs - yep
20. Beanie and Cecil - nope
21. roller skate keys - yep- had one
22. Cork pop guns - yep
23. Drive ins - yep used to go all the time had one in Seymour and
24. Studebakers - yep - think Dad had one
25. Wash tub wringers yep
I must be older than dirt, but heck I'm only 45. LOL Charlene
Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com.
Share information about yourself, create your own public profile at
|Re: [CRF] Fw: Old as Dirt by "Charlene Robbins" <>|