CRF-L Archives

Archiver > CRF > 2000-09 > 0968245502

Subject: [CRF] What does ten cents mean to you???
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2000 08:05:02 -0500 (CDT)

What does ten cents mean to you???

Several years ago a pastor friend of mine moved to Houston, Texas.

Some weeks after he arrived, he had occasion to ride the bus from his
home to the downtown area.When he sat down, he discovered that the
driver had accidentally given him ten cents too much change.

As he considered what to do, there alternately appeared to him little
angelic
figures sitting on his shoulders and whispering instructions into his
ears.

One said, "You better give the dime back.  It would be wrong to keep
it." On the other shoulder a voice said,"Oh forget it.It's just ten
cents.

Who would worry about this little amount.  Anyway the bus company
already gets
too much fare.With their millions everyday they will never miss it.

Accept it as a gift from God and keep quiet."

When his stop came he paused momentarily at the front door,and, handing
the driver the dime he said, "Here.You handed me too much change."

The driver replied,"Aren't you the new pastor in town?I have been
thinking lately
about going to church somewhere.I just wanted to see what you would do
if I
gave you ten cents too much change."

When my friend stepped off the bus he literally grabbed the nearest
light pole, and held on, and said,

"O God, I almost sold your Son for ten cents."

"Have a *Beautiful Day"
Connie
*In Beautiful Western Kentucky*
http://community.webtv.net/ConnieDHurley1/ConniesPagefor

My Son Larry"Wayne" Hurley jr. ~ Needs a Heart Transplant
http://community.webtv.net/ConnieFour/MySonLarryHurleyjr

This thread: