CROLEY-L Archives

Archiver > CROLEY > 2001-12 > 1007818072

From: "June Bork" <>
Subject: [CROLEY] Early Virginia Strongs from James Rolff
Date: Sat, 08 Dec 2001 05:27:52 -0800

For those of you who are new to Crowley/Strong Genealogy:

The sons of Jeffrey Crowley married Strong sisters:
Benjamin Crowley married Sara Strong
Samuel Crowley married Elizabeth Strong

Sara and Elizabeth were daughters of William Strong whose birth dates are
recorded in William Strong's Prayer Book. William Strong was son of John
Strong.

James Rolff is the leading authority on Strong family research. He
published a book in 1982, "Strong Family of Virginia and Other Southern
States," that can be found at LDS Library in Salt Lake City. I do not know
if it has been microfilmed. Now that Jimmy has retired in Texas, I was
hoping he would bring out a revised edition including our Crowleys.

Jimmy, thank you very much for this new information that I know took months
of reading faded micro-film to compile this really great addition to our
Strong ancestry. Regards, June Bork