CRUME-L Archives

Archiver > CRUME > 2000-06 > 0961555436

From: Margaret McDaniel <>
Subject: Nathaniel P. CRUME
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 19:43:56 -0700

At long last, I have identified the father of Charles Adrian CRUME. His
parents are Nathaniel P. Crume and Sarah Ann LANE.

Illinois State Archives Marriage Index
Vol. 2, License #00000943
Crume, Nathaniel P - Lane, Sarah Ann; Macoupin Co; 02/12/1845

FHL Film #0552330
1870 U.S. Census: Peru, Peru Precinct, Nemaha Co, Nebraska. Page 3,
(stamped page 325) Line 4, Dwelling 16, Family 16

Crume, N. P. Age 54, M, W, Farmer 2500. Real Property, 1650. Personal
Property, born Ohio
_____, Sarah Ann, Age 47, F, W, Keeping House, born New Jersey
_____, James P., Age 24, M, W, Farmer, 600. Personal Property, born
Illinois
_____, William O., Age 21, M, W, Farmer, 222. Personal Property, born
Illinois
_____, Charlie, Age 20, M, W, Farm Hand, born Illinois (or Charles?)

FHL Film #1254752
1880 U.S. Census: Peru, Nemaha Co, Nebraska. Enumeration District 200,
Page 11 (stamped page #93B) Line 22, Dwelling 70, Family 76

Crume, N. P., W, M, Age 59?; Married; Farmer; b. Ohio; Father b.
_______; Mother b. _______
_____, S. A., W, F, Age 57?; Wife; Married; Keeping House; b. N J
_____, James P., W, M, Age 38; Son; Single; Farmer; b. Ill; Father b.
Ohio; Mother b. N J
_____, Charles, W, M, Age 26; Son; (Marital status not marked), Farmer;
b. Ill; Father b. Ohio; Mother b. N J

In the 1880 Census the ages of N. P. and S. A. have been written over
(corrected) and are very difficult to read. As you can see, the ages
are all over the place in these two enumerations. Charles could have
been born around 1850-1854. He married Anna Agusta NEIBEL (1858-1896)
probably about 1881. Charles died about 1894 in Nebraska. I'm sure no
one is researching Charles and Anna, but are there any descendants of
Nathaniel, James or William who have more information? I am assuming
Nathaniel is the son of Daniel Marks Crume and Anna Coleman Pinkard.

Maggie

This thread: