CTFAIRFI-L Archives

Archiver > CTFAIRFI > 2000-06 > 0962160299

From: George Woliver <>
Subject: [CTFAIRFI] Resseguie / Refsequie [RE: Samuel Nichols]
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 22:44:59 -0400

I noticed a post and surname Resseguie.
I have a family bible with three names in it. (No the bible is not available.)
The people are:
Abijah Refsequie (Mar 26, 1791 - Apr 16, 1887)
m. Feb 1, 1828 Ann Keeler (Nov 19, 1787 - Dec 23, 1862)
daughter Ann Maria (Sep 23, 1830 - 1913)

In the bible it states that Ann Maria, who's bible it was, never married and died AE
83.

I do not know how this bible came to be in a MEEKER family possession as it belonged
to my wife's grandmother, Reatha Marie Gosnell Meeker (Nov 27, 1905 - Mar 8, 1985)
who was married to Frederick Ralph Meeker (Jan 27, 1905 - Feb 24, 1961). They lived
in Westport Fairfield towns when they passed away. The Gosnell line was from IL and
both had met in DE. More info is available upon request.

If someone can help me with more information on the Resseguie surname I'd appreciate
it. I have contacted a person collecting Resseguie but he did not have any
information on any of the three above mentioned.
Regards,
George Woliver

Kent Stuetz wrote:

> Posted on: Fairfield Co. Ct Query Forum
> Board URL: http://cgi.rootsweb.com/~genbbs/genbbs.cgi/USA/Ct/Fairfield?read=2754
>
> Surname: Nichols, Resseguie
> -------------------------
>
> I am searching for the ancestors of Samuel Nichols, born 9 Jan 1758 in
> Norwalk, Fairfield County, CT. He married Hannah Resseguie on 23 Jul 1777
> in Ridgefield, Fairfield Co., CT. Samuel had a brother Jesse Nichols who
> married Hannah's sister, Abigail Resseguie. Samuel & Hannah had 12 known
> children and settled in Rensselaerville, Albany Co., NY and finally Fenner,
> Madison Co., NY where he died on 18 Dec 1849. Samuel was a Revolutionary
> War veteran. Thanks!

> Join the RootsWeb WorldConnect Project:
> Linking the world, one GEDCOM at a time.
> http://worldconnect.genealogy.rootsweb.co

This thread: