CTLITCHF-L Archives

Archiver > CTLITCHF > 2008-04 > 1209170982

From: "" <>
Subject: [CTLITCHF] Thomas F. Denning born Winsted 1861,mother's maiden Pettit
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2008 00:49:42 -0000

Author: JoMac53
Surnames: Denning, Pettit
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/localities.northam.usa.states.connecticut.counties.litchfield/3422/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

Thomas F. Denning was born 7 Jul 1861 in Winsted. His father was James Denning, 1839 NY, and his mother was Elizabeth Pettit, born Ireland probably abt 1840. The family eventually went to New Jersey after James fought in the Civil War in the Second Connecticut Infantry.

I'm new to CT research. What kind of records are available for the time of Thomas' birth, 1861? I believe the family was Catholic.

Thanks.
Jo

Important Note: