CTLITCHF-L Archives

Archiver > CTLITCHF > 2012-01 > 1325705253

From: ,
Subject: Re: [CTLITCHF] Ivan James Couch 1978 North Canaan
Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2012 19:27:33 -0000

Author: vansicklen1
Surnames:
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/localities.northam.usa.states.connecticut.counties.litchfield/3687.3/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

I couldn't find Ivan's death notice in the Hartford Courant but I found a few things associated with his wife Emma.

She was alive as of Sep 24, 1974 when Emma was named as a surviving daughter, "Mrs. Ivan Couch of Canaan" in the obituary of her mother, Mrs. Margaret (Bishop) Blouin.

In the 1970 obituary of her father, Henry J. Blouin, she was named as "Mrs. Emma Pelletier of Canaan". It appears that she wasn't married to Ivan very long.

In both the Henry and Margaret BLOUIN obituaries it is also mentioned that they had sons named Henry J. and Edward L. Blouin.

One more thing, I found that Emma gave birth to a son Feb 17, 1959. The Feb 20, 1959 notice shows the parents as Francis and Emma (Blouin) Pelletier of Winsted (child was unnamed).

Important Note: