CTMIDDLE-L Archives

Archiver > CTMIDDLE > 2006-08 > 1155298872

From: D Hanna <>
Subject: Thirty Mile ISland and Gates
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 05:21:12 -0700 (PDT)

Can anyone tell me about Thirty Mile Island, in the Ct. River near Haddam? I have several generations of Gates's starting with George and ending with HAnnah GAtes......and I wonder if they are buried in East HAddam or Haddam? My husband and I wandered around there over the weekeend..went past the Goodspeed, onto 154, down to Chester and back....then I explored the Haddam Hist. Soc. site...How does one get or does one get to Thirty Mile ISland and does anyone have a lsit of who is buried there. Fascinating. I think we saw the cemetery where the freed slave was dug up, to test his DNA. A prof. of ours here at UCONN is doing the DNA work on the wife and kids...his was all gone! I had forgotten how nice it is down at that end of the river. Boy has Chester been upgraded! (Gentrified)..but I liked it before too just as much or maybe more......must cost alot more to live there now!
Deb