CTMIDDLE-L Archives

Archiver > CTMIDDLE > 2006-08 > 1155301798

Subject: Re: [CTMID] Thirty Mile ISland and Gates
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 09:11:34 -0400

> Can anyone tell me about Thirty Mile Island, in the Ct. River near
> Haddam? I have several generations of Gates's starting with George
> and ending with HAnnah GAtes......and I wonder if they are buried in
> East HAddam or Haddam?

If you put "Thirty Mile Island" into the search engine on my site,
you'll get eight hits including Thirty Mile Island Cemetery CT
Middlesex cemetery UNKNOWN UNKNOWN Haddam NW - (the Unknown entries
are for the GPS coordinates). I'm pretty sure that the cemetery
there was one of the earliest in the area and has probably fallen
into ruin.

Jane Devlin
Lake Orion, MI

DUNHAM - WILCOX - TROTT - KIRK website
Over 3000 data files for CT, MA, RI, NJ, NY & MI
http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~jdevlin/

This thread: