CTMIDDLE-L Archives

Archiver > CTMIDDLE > 2008-10 > 1222902024

From: ,
Subject: Re: [CTMIDDLE] Middletown Hospital for the insane?
Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2008 23:00:24 -0000

Author: mjmoser
Surnames:
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/localities.northam.usa.states.connecticut.counties.middlesex/1386.2/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

It's been my experience with the Federal Census that anyone residing in an institution, be it a hospital, school, military base, or jail, etc. are counted in the census. They are included in the enumeration of the district in which they are located, along with the rest of the residents of the area. They can be found just like anyone else using the search engine for the site.

It is the same for all the census years, and all locations. I've seen military personel stationed overseas counted. They are grouped together under a heading indicating Military personnel. I was looking at one the other night. Included in the information asked for was the Home residence in the U.S. for each individual. Its a good place to check if you can't find someone, just in case they were in the military.

Marilyn
CT

Important Note: