CTNEWLON-L Archives

Archiver > CTNEWLON > 1999-10 > 0940941868

From: "David M. Waid" <>
Subject: Re: [CTNEWLON-L] John Wade, d. March 24, 1728, Lyme, CT
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 08:44:28 -0400

Tracey,
This is what I have on John Wade and his family.

John WADE b. abt. 1642, d, March 24, 1726/27 in Lyme, New London Co., CT.
He married (1) Elizabeth Durant, daughter of George Durant and Elizabeth
Blake. He married (2) Hannah Brockway Jan. 17, 1705/06 in Lyme, CT,
daughter of Walter Brockway and Hanah Briggs. Hannah had married (1) Thomas
Champion. Children of John and Elizabeth:
George Wade b. abt. 1684, d. April 28, 1762 in Lyme, CT. He married
Elizabeth Durant July 14, 1708 in Lyme, CT. I have eight children listed
for them.
John Wade b. abt 1686, d. abt 1760 in Lyme, CT. He married Mercy Pember
Jan. 8, 1706/07 in New London, CT, the daughter of Thomas Pember and Agnes
Way. I have eight children listed for them.
Elizabeth Wade b. abt. 1688 in Lyme, CT. She married Thomas Champion
June 21, 1709 in Lyme, CT. He was the son of Thomas Champion and Hannah
Brockway. I have nine children listed for them.

Notes:
1. John's will was dated June 22, 1722.
2. According to Virkus, _Compendium of American Genealogy_, John was the
son of Nicholas Wade of Scituate, MA. This is unverified information, so it
is clue material only.
3. In a genealogy of Goodwill family, it states that John sr. and John jr.
were the town millers of Lyme.

This thread: