CUBA-L Archives

Archiver > CUBA > 2010-06 > 1275792113

From: gonzalez mike <>
Subject: [CUBA] Re : Ancestry with Indian blood in OUR veins....
Date: Sun, 6 Jun 2010 02:41:53 +0000 (GMT)

As far as Taino is concerned, it may be the case that Tinima and Cacanga are the only two known to history.  But the conquistador Joan Millan de Bohorquez also married an Indian nabori (though probably a siboney) from whom I am also descended, who belonged to encomienda given to Bernardino de Quesada.

Millan's case is an important one.  He requested that the Emperor Charles I allow him to take his wife and many of her relatives back to Andalucia, and I am looking now at a Real Provision de D. Carlos from 1536 which allows Millan de Bohorquez to do just that.  One og Millan's daughters returned to Cuba from Spain, and it is from her that I am descended.  (I am also descended from Tinima) though not from Cacanga, as my Recio lines are from Anton's brother.