CUDWORTH-L Archives

Archiver > CUDWORTH > 2006-02 > 1141154134

From: "Jim" <>
Subject: RE: [CUDWORTH] Gen. James Cudworth
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 14:15:34 -0500

Hello Phil -

Finally someone has posted something I might be able to help with.

According The Great Migration -

" Robert Charles Anderson, The Great Migration, 1634-1635, vol. 2, pp.
249-58, contains the best genealogical account of James Cudworth.
Anderson states that Cudworth's wife was Mary Parker, whom he m. at
Northam, co. Devon, on 1 Feb. 1633/4 (p. 254); on p. 255, Anderson
provides a full explanation of why he concludes that this marriage is
that of the immigrant."

I believe the Stoughton you have is confused with the fact that James'
step father's name was Stoughton. The Goodman, I read somewhere, may
have come from a reference to her as Goody Cudworth. However, I have
since found that during that time, many wives were called
"Goody"...almost like Mrs..

James is a very interesting 8th great grandfather of mine...perhaps one
of the most interesting of the bunch, e.g., descendends from royalty and
from Saxon kings.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Jim Wormelle
Ft. Lauderdale

Behalf
> Of
> Sent: Tuesday, February 28, 2006 1:38 PM
> Subject: [CUDWORTH] Gen. James Cudworth

> Classification: Query
>
> Message Board URL:
>
> http://boards.ancestry.com/mbexec/msg/rw/AhQ.2ACIB/59
>
> Message Board Post:
>
> I am trying to verify the name of Gen. James Cudworth's (d. 1682)
wife. I