CULPEPPER-L Archives

Archiver > CULPEPPER > 1998-05 > 0895597517

From: Lew Griffin <>
Subject: [CULPEPPER-L] Culpepper sisters of Branford, CT
Date: Tue, 19 May 1998 10:05:17 -0700

I'm told that according to the LDS Ancestral File, Susannah Culpepper,
who married Francis Lindley in 1655, and her sister Hannah, who is said
to have married Edward Frisbee, were the daughters of a John Culpepper.
I assume this is speculation on someone's part as I've never seen any
evidence of a John Culpepper in CT. According to "the
Frisbee-Frisbie-Frisby Family Genealogy," by Olin E. Frisbee, John and
Francis Linsley, and Edward Frisbee, were among the first settlers in
Branford, CT, in 1644, then called New Haven Colony. But no one named
Culpepper was on that list. Edward Frisbee, however, was said to have
been born in the Virginia Colony about 1620 and LATER moved to CT.
Could these two Branford CT Culpepper daughters be from the Virginia
Culpepper family ? Edward Frisbee was the possible son of Richard
Frisbee and Margaret Emerson. There was a descendant named Culpepper
Frisbee, and I'm told there is a TAG (The American Genealogist) article
which attempts to trace his ancestry, but I do not have the reference to
it. Yes, a descendant of this Frisbee family invented the "Frisbee."
Lew

This thread: