CUMBERLAND-RIVER-L Archives

Archiver > CUMBERLAND-RIVER > 1998-02 > 0887243009

From: <>
Subject: Wilburn family in KY
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 1998 19:23:29 EST

Hello!

I am working on the following families in TN and KY and wondered if anyone had
any info or could connect.

William WILBURN b. ca 1821 in TN d. ??
m. 26 Jan 1843 in TN to Minerva SEALS b. ca 1824 in TN
had the following children:
.....Solomon WILBURN b. 1844 TN d. 1920 KY
.....Elizabeth WILBURN b. 1846 TN
.....Richard Harrison WILBURN b. 1848
.....John WILBURN b. 1851
.....William WILBURN b. 1854
.....Nancy WILBURN b. 1857

Solomon WILBURN
(1) married 31 Dec 1863 Rebecca Jane REID
had the following children:
..........Mary M. WILBURN b. 1864
..........William Alexander WILBURN b. Oct 1866
..........Rebecca J. WILBURN b. 1867
..........George Samuel WILBURN b. 1869
..........James M. WILBURN b. 1872
..........John Thomas WILBURN b. 1873
..........Martha E. WILBURN b. 1875
..........Wesley WILBURN b. 1877
..........Sarah C. WILBURN b. 1879
(2) married ---- to Sara Elizabeth Gills
had children:
..........Harvie WILBURN b. 1893
..........Robert L. WILBURN b. 1895
..........Annie E. WILBURN b. 1897
..........Henry S. WILBURN b. 1899
..........Betty WILBURN b. 1900
..........Charles WILBURN b. 1902
..........Cora WILBURN b. 1904
..........Frank WILBURN b. 1906

William and Minerva (SEALS) WILBURN were in Claiborne
Co, TN in 1850 census and in Pulaski Co, KY in 1860, but
I am unable to find where they went from there.

I am also looking for the parents of Rebecca Jane REID.
I was unable to read her mother's name on the marriage
license in Pulaski Co, KY records, but it appeared to be
Polly McCanby or McCauley. Rebecca was born in VA,
ca. 1835.

I would love to hear from anyone with connections to this
line and will gladly share all info I have.

Ronda Wilburn Houston

This thread: