CUMBERLAND-RIVER-L Archives

Archiver > CUMBERLAND-RIVER > 1998-10 > 0907993767

From: Margy Miles <>
Subject: CRR: TODAY'S INTROS
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 1998 23:29:27 -0500

We again had more new subscribers than those that sent me a message but I
want to introduce everyone at CRR to 4 new members tonight.

1. Herb Harris <>
Herb is tracking his HARRIS ancestors who moved through KY. and stayed for
awhile along the border of TN. and dear old KY. I love this quote from Herb;
"since a fellow can't much change the actual time or place of his birth, he
tells
what he knows to be true at the time.".....referring to where they
lived...might have been TN. or KY. with the way the border kept changing.
Good luck to you, Herb...here's hoping they stayed awhile along the
Cumberland River.

2. Doris Ann Hyden Ely <>
Doris has been with us for a few days but is allowing me to introduce her to
all of you as a newcomer. Doris hails from Lee Co., VA. but has ancestors
from Whitley Co. She is researching the names; POTEET, CLAWSON, CRABTREE,
WYNN, TAYLOR, POWERS, and even some that are part of my own family tree; the
GATLIFFS & HAMBLINS.

3. Edna <>
Edna is a great grandaughter of Daniel CORNELIUS who married Judith HUFF in
May of 1808, so she is interested in the HUFFS of our area. (Edna, we have
lots of Corneliuses in CRR ...also WHITES.) Edna says she is new to
computers and was prompted to subscribe to CRR because of a message that was
frowarded to her from Sue Cook of the list. Let us know if you need any
help, Edna. We were all new to computers once.

4. Bonnie Griffis Lewis <>
Bonnie is researching her family surnames of GRIFFIS and OWENS from Pulaski,
Whitley, Wayne & McCreary, and the related families of KEITH, CHILDERS,
FERRELL, & McKEE. Bonnie says; " [my] memories of my visits to the region as
a child are quite vivid. I feel it is my home, even though I never lived
there." Bonnie has volunteered as the Archivist for the USGenWeb
Archives for McCreary, Pulaski, Wayne, and Whitley counties and would like
to invite everyone to use the archives and also to contribute to it.

Welcome to our group, Herb, Doris, Edna, and Bonnie! We are glad to have you!