CUMBERLAND-RIVER-L Archives

Archiver > CUMBERLAND-RIVER > 2007-07 > 1183577270

From: "Frank D. Taylor" <>
Subject: Re: [CUMBERLAND-RIVER] Will do Lookups
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2007 15:27:50 -0400

Valerie, I've never really looked into the change, so I don't know a great
lot about it. It took place sometime around 1850 and the line at that time
ran through about where 3rd Street in Oneida is today. Then it was moved
north about 6 miles to its present location. So in the case of my
GG-Grandfather Dempsey Taylor, it's POSSIBLE that he didn't move to TN, but
stayed put and KY moved away and left him in TN. I am not sure which took
place.

If Cooper is a line you are interested in, so am I. Reuben Taylor, my
G-Grandfather, s/o Dempsey mentioned above, married Elizabeth Cooper.
Elizabeth was d/o George W. Cooper/Emily Wilson. In fact, Reuben and Jemima
Taylor, brother and sister, married Elizabeth and Eli Cooper, brother and
sister. Then Lavisa Taylor, sister to Reuben and Jemima, married James Frank
Cooper, 1st cousin to Elizabeth and Eli. I have quite a bit of info on
Coopers and Wilsons both.

Frank Taylor