CURRAN-L Archives

Archiver > CURRAN > 2007-02 > 1171636290

From: kat <>
Subject: Re: [CURRAN] Curran Johanna (Hannah or Annie), David, Lismore,Co. Waterford
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 06:31:30 -0800 (PST)

Pat, Do you know where in Canada they emigrated to? I have Currans in New Brunswick but have no idea where in Ireland they came from.
My earliest is James Curran, b. about 1800 in Ireland. He married about 1820 in Canada, to Jane (last name unknown) and in 1822 their daughter, Mary Jane, was born in Woodstock, New Brunswick, Canada. Anyone connect to these Currans?
Wanda Hilyard Gonzalez

"" <> wrote:

Surnames:
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/surnames.curran/1251.1.1/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

Peg,
I don't know where either Johanna or David went to. I have information that one of them went somewhere in Wales, UK. David and Johanna were born in 1870 and 1867 respectively and had only one sibling Thomas born in 1864 all in Lismore, Ireland. I know definitely that "Currans" from Lismore area did emigrate to Canada but they would have been from their father Thomas's generation and I have nothing to indicate whether they were related or not. Curran is a reasonably common name spread throughout Ireland, but with some concetrations in Counties Waterford, Leitrim and Donegal and in Kerry where the name was Currane.
Sorry I can't be more helpful.
Regards
Pat