CURTIS-L Archives

Archiver > CURTIS > 1997-10 > 0876000314

From: <>
Subject: Who was HARRIET CURTIS HOYSRADT?
Date: Sat, 4 Oct 1997 17:25:14 -0400 (EDT)

I am posting this to both the Curtis list and the Dutchess County NY list in
hopes that someone may be able to help me.

My great grandfather Egbert Silvernail HOYSRADT (also spelled Hiserodt or
Heuzeroth) was born 25 NOV 1827 in Columbia County NY (probably Ancram). His
parents are identified on his marriage certificate as Jacob HOYSRADT and
Harriet CURTIS. As an adult, Egbert moved to Kenosha county, WI, where he
married Margaret Theresa MURPHY, an immigrant from England.

I have not been able to find any further information on Jacob HOYSRADT,
although I believe he may be one of twin sons born to Hen(d)rich HOYSRADT and
Catharina HOLSAPPEL on 10 MAR 1797.

Of Harriet I know only (from a great aunt) that she had a brother (or
nephew?) Philo CURTIS, whose son Cyrus married an Esther SWENSON. Their
daughter Virginia married Charles Egbert ALVERS, a grandson of Egbert and
Margaret Murphy HOYSRADT.

Can anyone give me any clues as to Harriet's parentage?

This thread: