CURTIS-L Archives

Archiver > CURTIS > 2003-07 > 1059028451

From: "Laurie Gallego" <>
Subject: Re: [CURTIS] Samuel Thomas Curtis+Sarah Elizabeth Wood Mo.Ind.Ky.Id.
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 23:36:35 -0700

Hello Sonia,

I may be able to help you with some information. I believe we may be cousins
of some sort. Does your Ellis Curtis have a June Curtis somewhere in his
line? I believe my great grandfather Alvin Curtis had a brother named Ellis.
Alvin was a son of Samuel Thomas Curtis and Sarah Elizabeth Wood.

Here is a bit of what I have, I will just list our direct line but I do have
much more information if interested:

Parents of Fielding Wood Curtis, SR, are unknown.

Fielding Wood Curtis, SR, was b. MAR 01, 1757 in Halifax Co, VA and d. SEP
14, 1835 in Monroe Co, KY. He married Charity OCT 26, 1783 in SC. She was b.
abt. 1758 in VA and d. abt. 1850 in Monroe Co, KY. Charity was buried at
Gamaliel Cemetery, Gamaliel, Monroe Co, KY. Fielding was buried in Barren
Co, KY at an unknown cemetery. I obtained the burial information about
Fielding from an online list of names from a book called 'Barren Co,
Kentucky's Military Hall Of Fame, Volume 1, (c) 1995.

Child:
Fielding Curtis, JR, was b. bet. 1784-1789 in Union Co, SC and d. bet.
1840-1850. He married Linna or Lenna Wood (some say her real name was Ledia
or Lenora) APR 18, 1816 in Barren Co, KY, daughter of Jesse Wood and
Rebekah Barnes. She was b. 1802 in Barren Co, KY, and d. 1880.

Child:
James C. Curtis, b. 1839, Tompkinsville, KY and d. JUL 11, 1869 in
Clementsville, KY or TN. He married Sarah Elizabeth Robinson JUL 20, 1859 in
Jackson Co, TN, daughter of Philip Robinson and Sarah Casteel. She was b.
FEB 22, 1844 in Jackson Co, TN, and d. MAY 04, 1925 in Palisade,
Hayes/Hitchcock Co, Nebraska.

Child:
Samuel Thomas Curtis, b. APR 14, 1860 in Tompkinsville, Monroe Co, KY, and
d. OCT 06, 1949 in Caldwell, Canyon Co, ID. He married Sarah Elizabeth Wood,
OCT 09, 1884 in Trenton, Missouri, daughter of Cornelius Wood and Elizabeth
Gullion. She was b. NOV 12, 1861 in Boone Co, IN and d. MAR 23, 1955 in
Caldwell, Canyon Co, ID.

Children of Samuel T. Curtis and Sarah Wood:
Ellis Curtis (your line)
Alvin Lester Curtis, b. NOV 14, 1889, Frontier Co, Nebraska, and d. OCT 19,
1939, Payette, Payette Co, ID. (my line)

If you are interested in obtaining a copy of what I have please e-mail me
directly. Thanks!! Hope to hear from you.

Laurie Gallego