CZECH-L Archives

Archiver > CZECH > 2001-02 > 0983042848

From: "Karel Kysilka" <>
Subject: Re: [CZ] Cejkove, Bohemia
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2001 20:27:28 +0100

THE TUREKS IN CEJKOVY
This Cejkovy is located in today´s district Klatovy. Former district Susice.
About 40 miles west of Pisek.
Several dozens of Tureks are still living in the region, even two families
direct in Cejkovy in houses No. 12 and 52.

Farmstead No. 19 in Cejkovy still holds the name : "At the Tureks´ ", first
Turek is recorded there in 1770 - Frantisek Turek. The landlords took him
away the farms, since he did not farm properly. The following owner of the
farmstead was Franz Linhart, who married daughter Anna of Frantisek Turek.
What has happened to Franz Turek we do not know.

But a generation later, some Procop Turek bought a place ( burnt up totally)
in 1819 and built a new house there, This cottage was known as "pazderna",
or "u Pazdernu", since the flax was spinned there and "pazderi"is the waste
(scrap) that appears during the processing of flax. Procop died in 1842 and
the house, worth 120 guldens, was inherited by his son JAN TUREK.
Perhaps it is him, whose son Josef, born 1856, emigrated to the USA. The
house was passed over to another son, MARTIN TUREK, in 1885. His wife was
Josefa nee Linhart of Cejkovy No. 60. They passed over the house in 1921 to
their son JAKUB TUREK and his spouse Marie nee Satra of Zbynice. Today´s
owner is VACLAV TUREK and he must be descendent of the them.

Best rgds Karel