CZECH-L Archives

Archiver > CZECH > 2001-02 > 0983063936

From: (Rose Gerow)
Subject: [CZ] Adolph Hitler
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2001 19:18:56 -0600 (CST)

Hi List,
My Aunts told me that my gandfather from Czechoslovakia was a corporal
in the army and knew Hitler, ( I first thought they said grandfather
shined Hitlers boots but no, they say I got it wrong, that Hitler, known
to grandfather at that time as Adolph Schilgruber or something like that
last name.) shined grandfathers shoes. Do not really know if this story
is correct or not, but my question is :
Was Hitlers last name Schilgruber or something like that? This was
before 1913 as grandfather came to US around then because of the
upcomming war. Me thinks he was a deserter.
I am hoping to piece more info from cousins in CZ Republic. So does
anyone on our list here know what Adolph Hitlers name was and when he
was born?? I have a very curious mind. Thanks, Rose Bocek Gerow

This thread: