CZECH-L Archives

Archiver > CZECH > 2008-02 > 1203973112

From: "elaine lochner" <>
Subject: [CZ] Janotta/Hetz
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 15:57:50 -0600

Hello,

I've come upon a brick wall! Researching g.grandparents: Johann & Mary (Hetz) Janotta (other spellings I've found-Janocha and Janotha).

On death records & in obits, I've found Preheisen Austria; census lists Poland and Bohemia; other items list Germany as on his Naturalization Papers.

Since then, I found that the town is now referred to as Prehysov in the Czech Republic.

Their parish was Obersekersdan and post office, Hermannshintte (spelling maybe off)

He was born in 1853, they married in 1879

Johann came to USA in 1882; Mary and son Wenzl in 1883

Settled in Peru, Huron County, Ohio

Catholic Faith

Mary's father was John and a brother Joseph in Germany

I just don't know how to go about looking for German/Poland records. Any information anyone could send me would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you so much.

Elaine Lochner

2/25/08

This thread: