CherokeeGene-L Archives

Archiver > CherokeeGene > 1999-08 > 0934342068

From: <>
Subject: [CherokeeGene] Fwd: Cherokee Indian Genealogy
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 23:27:48 EDT

From: "Kathy Hoover" <>
Subject: Re: Cherokee Indian Genealogy
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 1999 22:33:30 -0500

Well, my 3rd ggm Sarah Robbins was also said by family members to be half
Cherokee. Sarah was b. in AL, probably between 1823 and 1827. Her marriage
record below might interest you....

Sarah Robbins m. Jones Daniel Ray on 24 Oct 1844 in Coosa Co. AL. License
was issued on 19 Oct 1844. Ceremony performed by John Yates, M.G. Book
A-194, Coosa Co. AL.

The Dennis surname rings my bell too if you're talking GA and AL... my Perry
family was friends with Dennis family in GA and they moved to Perry Co. AL
together around 1818. Eventually wound up in Tallapoosa Co... Matthias
Dennis was the father of the girl who married a Perry... Will look it up if
you connect to Matthias.

My primary interest right now is finding the Cherokee ancestry of Sarah
Robbins above. Let me know if John Yates turns out to be in your bunch.

Kathy Hoover