CherokeeGene-L Archives

Archiver > CherokeeGene > 2003-12 > 1071495347

Subject: Re: [CherokeeGeneCommunity] Re:Alexander McCoy Researchers
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 07:35:47 -0600

On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 00:40:45 EST writes:
> Alexander McCoy Researchers
> If Any of you have parents or parent or even siblings or Alexander
> McCoy. Approximate dates and area I can check it against my data.
> Dody

Dody,

Here is some information that I've collected, not verified. I have no
primary sources only secondary. I would be interested any information
you'd like to add or correct.

I show that the parents of Alexander McCoy are white man Daniel McCoy,
Sr. born abt. 1770 in Covenwhulla, Cherokee Nation E., GA, and died in
Georgia date unknown. Alexander's mother was Lucy Fields born abt. 1770
Cherokee Nation East, TN, and died Covenwhulla, Cherokee Nation E., GA
date unknown.

I do not know the parents of Daniel McCoy, Sr. The parents of Lucy
Fields were Richard Fields (1735-1777) and Susannah Emory (1751-bef.
1839). I do have information on their children if you're interested.

I show that Alexander McCoy and Lucy Fields had 6 children.
Alexander McCoy. Jr.
Susie McCoy
Sallie McCoy
Daniel McCoy, Jr.
Rory McCoy
Nellie McCoy *My ancestor

1- Alexander McCoy, Jr. married 1-No-Na Lowery (b. 1795), 2-Aky Gunter
(b. 1798), 3-Sarah Elizabeth Hicks.

2- Susie McCoy (1788-1869) married John V. McPherson (b. 1785).

3- Sallie McCoy, never married according to Genealogy of Old and New
Cherokee Indian Families, by George Morrison bell, Sr. p. 257.

4- Daniel McCoy, Jr. (b. 1794) married 1-Margaret Wolf and 2-Little Boyd
Starr nee Chambers.

5- Rory McCoy never married.
'
6- Nellie McCoy (1798, Covenwhulla, Cherokee Nation E., GA, - 1879,
Tahlequah, Indian Territory, OK) married Charles Gullet Reese, Jr.,
(1783-1845).

Helen Currie Davis
Millington, TN

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!