CherokeeGene-L Archives

Archiver > CherokeeGene > 2012-12 > 1354607802

From: "Alli :\)" <>
Subject: Re: [CherokeeGene] Alli: Arkansas and Missouri Cherokee
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2012 00:56:42 -0700

Pauline,

If you go back to my original post, I was talking about MY family :)

I have a Thomas Thompson N.C. (as far as i know right now) Married Delphia
whose maiden name is currently unknown.
They had 3-4 kids......Elizabeth Thompson (my triple great grandma), David
Thompson, James Thompson & possibly another girl whose name is unknown but
my Dbl. great grandma mentions her in a letter.

Elizabeth Thompson married a James Adams (Jr) who was born in East Tn. they
had several kids, one of them being my dbl. great grandma Martha Malinda
Adams who was born in Tn. in 1838. They moved when she was 11 to Ark or Mo
(have to look in my records)

Martha then married a Samuel Phariss who was born in 1824 in Tn. (yes, there
was a big age difference). They had a ton of kids in Mo & Ark before moving
to Okla. & had more.

Those are the Thompson's i'm referring to & looking for. I haven't even
began to start on David & James. I know that by 1907 that one of those boys
had been dead for 30 yrs. so i don't know if they started their own family
or not.

I know what our family history is & know that based on some documents i have
found, our chances of having Cherokee blood is high....but the proof is
sporadic & I have a lot of holes to plug..

Good luck on your search. My dad & husband worked with a man with the last
name of Beaver, I don't recall his tribal connection, but i'll ask my hubby
if he recalls or my mom as she's in touch with his wife & can ask her.

Alli :)