CoTipperary-L Archives

Archiver > CoTipperary > 2004-01 > 1074798594

From: "Janet Crawford" <>
Subject: Nationalist News
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 19:09:54 -0000

Last week vandals set fire to Sts. Peter & Paul primary school in Clonmel
and this week they set fire to So. Tipperary Hospital there. Luckily the
fire was put out in time or the hospital with its new addition well in
progress might have been destroyed.

Dr. Shipman, in England, who murdered at least 215 people by lethal
injection, committed suicide by hanging in his jail cell. One of his victims
was Alice Christine Kitchen nee Harney from Ballyneale near Carrick; her
family is angry that Shipman was not monitored more closely as they hoped to
get answers one day as to why he killed her.

We have located Elvis Presley, who was in Clonmel court this past week on
charges of being intoxicated in public, using threatening, abusive and
insulting behavior and assaulting a Garda besides lying about whom he really
was.

The Marlfield parish report tells us that the Snowdrops are in bloom; they
are the first sign that Spring is on its way and the long nights going away.
[In my garden the Crocus are starting to bloom and also the early, tiny
Spring Iris. It was very balmy today but next week we are back to Winter
weather.]

The Soloheadbeg Commemoration 85th Anniversary will be This Sunday, Jan 25th
at the ambush site commencing at 2:30 PM. The oration will be delivered by
Derek Warfield of the Wolf Tones. The ambush in 1919 is generally felt to
have been the start of the War of Independence.

Most Rev. Dermot Clifford, Archbishop of Cashel & Emly, has made the
following transfers and appointments:

Very Rev. James Feehan to be Pastor Emeritus of Boherlahan-Dualla

Very Rev. Tony Ryan, Belize Mission, to be PP of Doon

Rev Michael Kennedy CC Hospital-Hebertstown to be CC Boherlahan-Dualla

Rev. James Purcell CC Rosegreen to be Director of Diocesan Counseling
Services at Parish Center, Cashel

Rev. William Slattery CC Templemore to be Director of Youth Faith
Development

These changes are to be effective from Saturday Jan 24th except Fr. Tony
Ryan whose present commitment continues to the Summer.

And that is the news.

Janet

This thread: