CoTipperary-L Archives

Archiver > CoTipperary > 2006-02 > 1138825360

From: natalie moore <>
Subject: Patrick Hogan- Convict
Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2006 07:32:21 +1100

I have just joined this list and would appreciate any leads that may
come from my query.

Patrick HOGAN was tried in Tipperary on 3 July 1845 for Highway Robbery.
His sentence was transportation to V.D.L. (Tasmania, Australia) for ten
years.
Arrival date was 18 Jan 1846.

Patrick left behind (in Tipperary) the following family:

Wife- Julia? & two children (sex, ages & names unknown).
Father- John HOGAN
Mother- Peggy
Brother- John
Sisters- Eliza and Mary

Patrick HOGAN was born c1819.
A John HOGAN was also transported on the same ship and may have been
related.

Patrick HOGAN remarried in Hobart 1854 to Anne Larkin formerly McGuire
Nee BRENNAN.

Patrick and Anne Elizabeth HOGAN are my GG grandparents. I would love
to establish
contact with descendants in Ireland. Perhaps contact was maintained or
some family may
have migrated to Australia.

Thanking you
Natalie