CoTyroneIreland-L Archives

Archiver > CoTyroneIreland > 2000-03 > 0952114396

From: "Sinclair & Liz Perry" <>
Subject: Re: [CoTyroneIreland-L] Lowrys of Pomeroy and Perrys
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2000 22:13:16 +0200

Hi Joan
I picked up your references to Lowrys.
There is a reference by Robert Young in his "Belfast and Province in the 20
th. century", to the fact that Francis the eldest son of James Perry ,
married the daughter of John Lowry of Pomeroy in 1662. Then the criptic
statment that "from whom descend the Earls of Belmore".
Question ? Did the Earls of Belmore descend from John Lowry, or the union of
Francis Perry and John Lowry's daughter.
George Perry was a younger brother of Francis. I have found his grave stone,
built into a church in Beragh. He died in 1703. The lands of Seskinore which
he inherited from his father then passed to the McClintocks, by the marriage
of a daughter to Alexander McClintock in 1781.
Does anyone have anything to add to this? My interest in tracing PERRYS.

Sinclair Perry South Africa