CoTyroneIreland-L Archives

Archiver > CoTyroneIreland > 2001-01 > 0979563773

From: "Jane Lyons" <>
Subject: [CoTyrone] Omagh Cathlolics 1798
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 13:02:53 -0000

Newspaper publication by Catholics of Omagh offering to join the Yeomanry in
1798:
"Omagh 14th June 1798.
We, the Roman Catholic inhabitants of the town of Omagh and its vicinity
anxious at this awful period to step forward with the utmost zewal and
loyalty in support of our beloved Sovereign and glorious constitution do
offer our services with our lives and properties to His Exellency, the Lord
Lieutenant, to assist to our utmost in stemming the progress of Rebellion
which is now spreading through this once happy Kingdom; we are willing to
enrol ourselves as Volunteers or Supplementary Yeomanry to be officered by
Protestantes or in any other manner most acceptable to the Government.
Peter Quin
B. McMahon M.D.
Charles Quin
Peter Kelly
Wm. O'Kane
James Quinn
Owen Moss
Hugh Moss
James Moss
James O'Kane
Fergus McCusker
John Gallagher
Cormick Sheery
Thomas McCavill
Manus McDermott
Pat McCavil
Hugh McCavil
Roger O'Donnell
Pat Develin
Mich. Mollin
Cormick McKenna
Pat Gallagher
Arthur Releghan
Peter Smith
Jas. McGoldrick
Pat Teague
Peter Nugent
Edw. Connelly
Henry Doonan
Owen Donnelly
Paul Daly
Arthur Donaghey
John O'Neill
Michael McKenna
John Donaghey
John Gormly
Chas. McCormick
Charles O'Neill
Con Gormly
Owen McBride
John Lawless, Senr.
James Nugent
Chas. Maguire
Rev. P. McLaughlin for himself and upwards of 500
Edmond Releghan
Wm. Lynch
John Lawless Senr.
John Gorman