CoTyroneIreland-L Archives

Archiver > CoTyroneIreland > 2001-05 > 0991258183

From: "tudor1" <>
Subject: Re: [CoTyrone] Fintona, Tyrone-McCarroll/Carroll/Gough/McGough
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 17:31:39 -0400

Not to be discouraging, but the reason that the LDS films start 5-6 years
later may be that the earlier records no longer exist. A month or so ago,
someone on the list was good enough to provide a listing by parish as to the
earliest records available. Perhaps if you are able to find that message,
you will know whether the information you seek is available.

In my search, I have also contacted the (Tyrone) Heritage Centre in
Dungannon ( http://www.irishroots.net/FnghTyrn.htm ). I sent them some
basic information on time frames, parishes, type of records required and
religious denomination, and they were good enough to respond with an e-mail
(1-2 days) as to whether the information was available. (e-mail:
)

However, I suspect that the reason LDS did not have records for the time
frame you seek is that the information is no longer available -- the joys of
searching in Ireland!

Catherine