CoTyroneIreland-L Archives

Archiver > CoTyroneIreland > 2009-11 > 1257860510

From: Theresa Forsyth <>
Subject: [CoTyIre] Early Irish Maps
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 13:41:50 +0000

You can now search and download a stunning collection of early Irish maps (c.1558 - c.1610) for the first time from the National Archives in the UK. These beautiful, hand-drawn parchment maps depict plantations, fortifications and townships during the reigns of Elizabeth I and James I.
The maps often name the local chiefs and major families in an area - giving family historians a new perspective.
The maps can be found here:

http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/documentsonline/irishmaps.asp

Theresa
Add your Gmail and Yahoo! Mail email accounts into Hotmail - it's easy
http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/186394592/direct/01/

This thread: