CoTyroneIreland-L Archives

Archiver > CoTyroneIreland > 2010-02 > 1266934586

From: Robin <>
Subject: [CoTyIre] Success story
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 09:16:26 -0500

I had a breakthrough just recently using Proni's will index

(http://www.proni.gov.uk/index/search_the_archives/will_calendars/wills_search.htm)
and the NZ vital statistics service.

( https://www.bdmhistoricalrecords.dia.govt.nz/home/)

I knew my Dickson Reid (Dixon Reed) of Mullaghbane, Co Tyrone, was born in
1800 and died in 1870. I discovered his wife's first name was Ellen using
the will site. Their 2nd son Thomas had emmigrated to NZ. The information
from the later years circa 1890 on the marriage license included the
mother's maiden name...or so I hoped. They had an database and a service
using charge cards to order. I did and a week or so later in the mail came
the copy. Ellen's maiden name was Wilson. She was born 1797. Now I have an
entire new branch to find in a new century.

Now where??

Yours,
Robin

This thread: