CoTyroneIreland-L Archives

Archiver > CoTyroneIreland > 2010-05 > 1275266695

Subject: [CoTyIre] Some of the D.E.D.s for Cappagh civil parish 1911 Censusnear Omagh town
Date: Sun, 30 May 2010 20:44:55 -0400

Karen,
One of my family lines (DONNELLY) is from Cappagh parish as well.

Here's a map of the parish which shows Mayne/Maine and the adjacent townlands: http://www.cotyroneireland.com/maps/cappagh_tl.html

Use this map to make your own DED map with the following information.

Maine (per the 1911 spelling) was in the DED of Killyclogher. In 1911, Killyclogher DED included the townlands of Ballynamullan, Boheragh, Cranny, Crosh, Glencordial, Killyclogher, Maine, & Tirquin.

In 1991, that DED was bordered by the following DEDs:
Drumnakilly -- the townlands of Ballynaquilly, Fernagh, Racolpa
Mountjoy Forest East D.E.D. Townlands: Carnony, Corranarry, Dunmullan, Erganagh Glebe, Farrest, Glengawna, Golan, Killybrack, Knockmoyle, Mountjoy Forest East Division, Rosnamuck, Rylagh, Tantramurry, & Tattynagole
(closer to Omagh town is) Camowen D.E.D. - townlands: Aghagallon, Arvalee, Camowen, Edenderry, Galbally, Garvaghy, Lisahoppin, Lisboy, Lislea, & Recarson

Other nearby DEDs (further away from Omagh town):
Mountfield D.E.D townlands -- Aghalane, Faccarry, Inisclan, Killins.

N.B. when you start looking at the 1901 census, especially near Omagh, there are a number of DED differences and the DEDs often had different numbers. Also, there are townlands in the 1901 census that don't "exist' as separately enumerated townlands in 1911, because by that time those townlands were part of the growing town of Omagh.

Clare