CyndisList-L Archives

Archiver > CyndisList > 2004-10 > 1098210395

From: Cyndi Howells <>
Subject: Order National Archives (US) Records Online
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 00:24:56 -0700

Hi all -

Today I received the following information from The National Archives and
Records Administration (U.S.) and thought I should share this with you.

Good luck!
Cyndi
----------------------
Subject: Announcement from the National Archives, 10/19/2004

All of the most frequently requested records in the National Archives can
be ordered online. The National Archives and Records Administration has
made all of their form requests available online at:
http://www.archives.gov/research_room/orderonline.html
The site requires that you register as a user and that you pay with a
credit card. Using Order Online, you can order:
---copies of passenger arrival records
---copies of specific pages from the Federal census
---copies of Eastern Cherokee applications
---copies of Federal land entry files
---Federal military pension files for the Revolutionary War
through the Civil War
---military service records for the Revolutionary War
through the Spanish American War.
The archives will continue to accept paper forms. Paper forms can be
ordered by email to or by calling the toll free number,
1-86-NARA-NARA (1-866-272- 6272).

This thread: